Connected Place Catapult
Connected Places Catapult is the UK’s innovation accelerator for cities, transport, and places.
They tackle barriers to scaling innovation for both demand and supply by enabling disruptive new technologies in the UK and the globe.
CPC does this, in part through SME funding programmes which allow businesses to foster real world solutions for innovation hungry places. The collaborative nature of this work drives sustainable growth, prosperity, and aims to decarbonise.
CPC wanted to find a more efficient solutions to manage all its SME funding programmes and to help its team manage the sourcing, evaluation, selection and acceleration of startups. Running approximately 15 different programs per year means the key priorities were standardisation, centralisation and streamlining of the end to end experience for all involved.
Skipso CPC developed the Connected Place Catapult Community platform, an end-to-end solution that would help to manage all its accelerator programs, cohorts and alumni.
Skipso was able to build an accelerator platform that would meet all of their exact requirements.
To build the platform CPC utilizes all of Skipso’s module solutions that allows the organization to:
- Run open calls for startups in the transport and infrastructure sectors
- Manage startup applications through a stage gated pipeline, allowing mentors and judge to take startups from one stage to another
- Enable profile of startups, mentors and all platform users
- Allow users across their community to connect with each other
- Allow different users different access types
- Manage their various program cohorts and alumni
1 year into the program CPC has launched 12 programs, with around 1000 startup applications.
The Skipso platform has greatly streamlined accelerator data and operations, improved program efficiency, and greatly reduced overhead costs. Through the platform's flexibility, CPC can maintain sector-specific focus while following a unified strategy, mission, and vision.