SnamInnova, Snam's Open Innovation program, aims to accelerate the company’s capacity for innovation and to seize opportunities offered in the evolving energy system sector. Snaminnova is coordinated by Snam's Open Innovation team. The team brings different centers of competence within the organization together with promising startups to help mature the company’s innovation goals.
Through the adoption of new solutions and technologies, and the development of flexible infrastructures and sustainably advanced networks, Snam leads the transition of Italy's energy systems.
For this reason, the company strongly believes in the value of internal and external innovation,
promoting various intrapreneurship initiatives and Calls for Startups.
To manage the company’s numerous programs Snam’s team needed to centralize them in one place, with a tool that could help them simplify all the innovation processes.
Snam’s team turned to Skipso to help them create Snaminnova, a platform that would allow the company to effectively and efficiently manage all their innovation initiatives.
Snaminnova is an integrated whitelabel platform that allowed Snam to host the following initiatives:
- Calls for Innovation & Scouting programs to search for innovative startups and SMEs and test more relevant and tailored solutions to address the topics of energy transition and digital transformation
- Internal Innovation programs to promote internal innovation, entrepreneurship and value the know-how of Snam’s people
- A Propose Your Project open category where external innovation players, both in the public and private sector, can propose to pilot innovation projects with Snam
The platform is enhanced with the following features:
- A Multitenant architecture that allows for multiple platforms to be connected, while maintaining a centralized database and various workflows. This configuration allowed the platform to be connected to Snam’s dedicated hydrogen accelerator platform Hyaccelerator.
- Single Sign-On access that allows employees to login to the platform using their company credentials, ensuring a streamline user experience.
- Interconnected startup databases through the various open innovation programs that make it possible to create shared dealflows.
- Scorecards were configured on the platform to help the Innovation Committees make evaluations based on predefined criteria
- Personalized flow for each user type
- Creation of an automated report showing key numbers and KPIs related to the development of the open innovation programs.
With Skipso Snam achieved:
- Integrated innovation processes: Snaminnova made it possible for the company to manage all of Snam’s integrated external and internal innovation projects in one place
- A centralized data: The platform led to increased efficiency in data management. Now data from each innovation program can be stored in a centralized database.
- Increased engagement: Snam received positive feedback from stakeholders using the platform and received an increase of applications for its innovation challenges.
- Innovation mapping: All stakeholders (startups, employees, innovation committees, innovation ambassadors, partners…) can now be profiled on the platform.