Philip Morris International (PMI) sets a strong focus for sustainability as one of its core strategic objectives. The pursuit of sustainability is a fundamental opportunity for PMI to create long-term value that is impactful.
To help PMI digitize the tobacco supply chain and take advantage of the circular economy, PMI wanted to launch its Call for Innovation: BeLeaf: Be the Future, for a second year in a row. New innovations in the tobacco supply chain allow the company to accelerate its ecological and digital transition path in Italy.
Already in its second year, PMI wanted to optimize the way in which the company managed the Open Call and were looking for a digital platform that would:
- Facilitate the open call process from start to finish
- Allow startups to easily apply to the open call
- Easily manage the judging process
- Manage all data in one location
As a leading innovation management platform provider with an extensive history of working with global corporations, Skipso was selected to build a platform that would allow the organization to efficiently manage the open call.
Skipso’s customer success team was able to set up the platform in a mere four of weeks. The team configured a platform with:
- A website design tailored to the clients brand guidelines
- A tailored innovation workflow
- Application forms enabling participants to easily apply to the program
- A streamline judging process, which allowed evaluators to judge application based on predefined scorecards
With Skipso PMI was able to successfully run the call for innovation BeLeaf: Be the Future.
The Call for Innovation identified 108 start-ups and scale-ups that could develop innovative solutions applicable to the tobacco supply chain.
Following an evaluation process that involved stakeholders from Philip Morris, Partners and experts, 3 number of startups have been selected to participate in the Co-Design phase.
Through a dedicated path with Philip Morris Italy, the startups had the opportunity to develop a Proof Of Concept focused on the ecological and digital transition of the tobacco supply chain.