Chilean International Renewable Energy Congress
The Chilean Path to Green Power
From September 12, 2012 08:30:00 to September 13, 2012 18:00:00
- Keywords: Cleantech · Innovation · Renewable Energy · foreign investment · international ·
Exploring Chile's huge renewable energy potential
With growing energy needs and public will for renewable energy, the government has recognised that now is a key time to take advantage of Chile’s outstanding natural resources and it has turned towards the renewable energy community, seeking up to 9GW of installations before 2020.
Chile’s long costal border, the Atacama Desert and mountainous terrain all coalesce to give it the advantage when it comes to renewable energy. Radiation levels are among the highest worldwide and an estimated 4,000 km2 is available for photovoltaic installations, Chile boasts excellent conditions for wind power and 2GW of projects are already at various stages of submission, development and construction, helping it towards fulfilling its 40GW potential. In addition, geothermal resource is fantastic due to being situated on the ring of fire.
The country represents an excellent growth opportunity for the international renewable energy community, not to mention a fantastic opportunity for Chile to increase direct foreign investment and to use the upscale in renewables as a source of jobs and skills development.
The Chilean International Renewable Congress will bring together the international renewable energy community to network and do business across 4 forward-thinking streams, offering you the benefits of a large-scale exhibition and a focused, comprehensive agenda covering your key challenges
- Type: Conference
- Website: http://www.greenpowerconferences.com/EF/?sSubSystem=Prospectus&sEventCode=WE1209CH&sSessionID=ba286a8f0f5c8ba836a49ef98d1a4a36-9851579
- Host: Green Power Conferences
- Location: Santiago, Santiago, Chile
- Industry Focus: Solar: General · Wind · Hydro: General · Marine: General · Bioenergy: General · Geothermal